Who we are
Fire Engine RED is a fully remote marketing, data, technology and consulting services company that serves the education market.
We’ve been fully remote since our CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Shelly J. Spiegel, founded the company in 2001. In fact, Fire Engine RED was one of the first fully remote companies in the U.S., possibly the world.
Our 70-plus talented team members live/work in 25 U.S. states and four countries, including Brazil, Canada, and Peru.
We have a positive, supportive culture and a team retention rate of 92%.
“It takes a team” is our motto, and our goal is to empower our team members to do their best work.
To learn more about Fire Engine RED and our culture, check out Shelly’s book, Fully Remote: How to set up, lead, and manage your own successful all-remote company.
We Value Diversity
At Fire Engine RED, we value diversity and believe that employing people who have different perspectives and life experiences makes us a better, more innovative company. So, no matter your race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, culture, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or disability, we value you and your skills, and hope you apply.
Fire Engine RED has joined Feeding America’s “Workplace Giving Program” to support the cause of fighting hunger in the U.S.
No one should go without a meal, yet Feeding America estimates over 50 million people in America will face hunger this year. Just $1 helps provide at least 10 meals to kids, families, and individuals facing hunger.
We currently don’t have any job openings. Please check back regularly.
- Competitive salary
- Company-provided equipment
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Health savings account company contribution
- 401(k) with automatic company contribution
- Wellness program
- Unlimited sick and “life happens” days
- Paid vacation (3-5 weeks)
- Paid holidays (10)
- Paid parental leave (8 weeks)
- Paid family leave (4 weeks)
- Workplace Giving Program with dollar-for-dollar match
And there’s more:
- Opportunity to work with top talent
- No stressful commute
- No cliques (everyone clicks)
- No office politics (no office, that’s why)
- No committees or bureaucracy of any kind
- Every day is bring-your-pet-to-work day
- 1/2 day off – Eclipse Day (August 12, 2045)
What We Value
- Diversity. We celebrate diversity and are committed to bringing people of different backgrounds and perspectives into our company.
- Teamwork. We believe “it takes a team” to do our best work.
- Trust. We trust each other to do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do.
- Integrity. We’re honest, authentic, and transparent.
- Fairness. We treat others with fairness and respect, and we believe in opportunity for all.
- Empathy. We put ourselves in others’ shoes and try to see things from their perspective.
- Simplicity. We strive to simplify everything we do.
- Good design. We believe good design is good business.
- Innovation. We’re committed to continually improving our offerings and believe that “good enough is never good enough.”
- Client service. We strive to “wow” our clients and to exceed their expectations again and again.
- Grit. We don’t get discouraged by challenges and setbacks. We’re resilient and stay focused on our long-term goals.
- Wellness. We believe a healthy and happy team is a productive team.
- Gratitude. We appreciate our coworkers and our clients for contributing to the success of our company.
Fire Engine RED: By The Numbers
Team members who work remotely.
States where our team members live/work.
Countries where our team members live/work.
Team members who were born in countries outside of the U.S.
Team members who speak a second language.
Team members who worked in higher education prior to joining our company.
The female/male ratio of our leadership team.
The female/male ratio of our entire team.
Team Member Retention Survey
Because retaining our talented team members is among our highest priorities, in July 2020, we asked our team members to take a one question retention survey. 97% of our team members participated.
How long do you plan to stay at Fire Engine RED?
The Fire Engine RED Way
This presentation provides a closer look at our company values and culture.